Intended For: Customer
Estimated Time to Complete: several hoursThis does not include time to troubleshoot to this point.
Applies to Software/Firmware Version(s): VISTA any firmware
The battery in the VISTA isn't lasting as long as expected (7 to 9 hours or more).
- Check the battery indicator on the display to see if the battery has a full charge
- Check the configuration; some settings can affect battery life
- Record-After-The-Fact (RATF)
- Pre-record and post-record time
- If the camera is more than two (2) years old, the battery may be degraded
- Let the battery completely discharge and then re-charge it.
- Turn the VISTA on and leave it on to let the battery completely discharge
- This may take several hours
- Charge the VISTA completely using either
- A VISTA Transfer Station
- A VISTA USB dock (with AC adapter attached for power)
- This may also take several hours
- When fully charged, power-on the VISTA
- Keep track of when it was powered on
- Use the VISTA as usual
- Track when the VISTA's battery runs low or discharges
- If the battery life is still less than expected, call Customer Support to discuss replacing the VISTA camera