Intended For: Customer
Estimated Time to Complete: 5 minutesThis does not include time to troubleshoot to this point.
Applies to Software/Firmware Version(s): EL 4.x
All qualified users are unable to log into Evidence Library Administrator using valid credentials. They can successfully log into Evidence Library Web with the same credentials.
Check the Evidence Library Administrator log file (usually at C:\WatchGuardVideo\Logs). Look toward the end of the log for the most recent entries. Look for the following text:
An unsecured or incorrectly secured fault was received from the other party.
This is a good indication of this problem and how to solve it.
- The server and client cannot be more than 5 minutes different from each other.
- Compare the time on the workstation to the time on the server
- If either one is wrong, correct it.
- Find the clock in the Windows Taskbar Tray (usually in the lower right corner of the Desktop)
- Compare the time, date, and timezone on the workstation to the time on the WatchGuard server
- If you do not have access to the WatchGuard server, compare the time on the Desktop to the time on your watch, cell phone, or somebody else’s workstation
- TIP: Ensure the setting Adjust for daylight savings time automatically is the same on the server and client.
- If there is a discrepancy, change the wrong clock to the correct time
- You may need IT to change the clock on the WatchGuard server or even on the workstation
- You or your IT may need to set the clock so that it synchronizes over the network