Intended For: Customer
Estimated Time to Complete: 5 minutesThis does not include time to troubleshoot to this point.
Applies to Software/Firmware Version(s): ELX 3.5.x
ELX will not open.
ELX splash screen appears
An error window appears with a message about 'Provider Manifest'
The provider did not return a ProviderManifest instance.
Then ELX will not continue loading
The user.config file is corrupt or incomplete. Remove it and restart ELX to create a new one.
Do not uninstall and reinstall ELX or .Net framework; this will not resolve the issue
This appears to be caused by ELX being closed improperly and corrupting the user.config file.
- Navigate to the user profile folder
- Copy the user.config file to a backup folder
- Delete the user.config file
- Open ELX
- Confirm that ELX generated a new user.config file in that location
- ELX should now have launched successfully