What are the recommended server specifications for Evidence Library Web?
Minimum Hardware Requirements
Hardware requirements vary based on number of devices, amount of video imported per shift, number of concurrent web users, export load, retention policies, etc. Contact your Regional Sales Manager for assistance in calculating these values and determining the optimal server specifications for your agency.
- 8 GB RAM
- 4 core / 8 thread
- Tier 0: 3 SSD drives in RAID 5 array
- Tier 1: HDD drives in RAID 6 array
- Video Storage: 7,200 RPM HDDs in RAID 6 array
- 1 GB network from any Wireless Import Services or Transfer Agent PC (USB upload / local export package download)
- Above system can import 15 GB of video / hour
- Does not include user playback or export load
- 5 Mbps network throughput required for event playback
- 10 Mbps is recommended for best results
- Export to CLOUD-SHARE requires a minimum of 10Mbs free bandwidth
- WatchGuard does not guarantee time to upload due to factors outside of our control
- Large number of concurrent CLOUD-SHARE uploads could require greater bandwidth
What is the maximum number of characters that can be entered into Tag Answers (Categories) for device configuration?
- 4RE: 32 characters
- VISTA: 24 characters
Why do time and date not appear on copied video (on a CD/DVD or from a USB drive)?
By default the closed captioning on the 'WGV Player' is turned off. Select the 'CC' icon near the bottom of the screen to activate the closed captioning/metadata.
Closed captioning/Metadata will show the following:
- Department Name
- Officer name (if logged in)
- Vehicle ID
- GPS coordinates
- Time and Date
- GPS Speed (if enabled)
- External inputs (if enabled)