Intended For: Customer
Estimated Time to Complete: 5 minutes
Applies to Software/Firmware Version(s): ELX any version
There is a large number of older events in Evidence Library Express (ELX) that are taking up space on the storage drive that are no longer needed.
ELX does not have an automated process for removing outdated events (purging). This must be done manually.
- Do NOT use Windows Explorer (File Explorer) to delete these events from the storage drive!
- Find an event in ELX that needs to be purged
- Click on the gear icon at the far right for that event
- Choose Delete Event
- This process removes the event files from the storage drive and removes the records in the ELX database for that event
- If ELX Security is enabled, only Custodians and Administrators have the access to delete events
- If ELX Security is not enabled, ELX will ask for the Admin PIN when trying to delete an event
- This is the same Admin PIN used for administrative functions on the 4RE systems
- An event that is Locked will not be deleted, whether Security is enabled or not
- It is possible to select a range of events and delete them in bulk