Applies to Software/Firmware Version(s): Evidence Library 4
Event times are displayed in 12-hr AM/PM format. It would be beneficial to be able to see the event times in 24-hr (military) time.
Adjust the Region settings in Windows on individual workstations.
This solution must be applied to individual workstations; making this adjustment on the Evidence Library server will not change the time format display in browsers on workstations
This solution will not work for viewing Evidence Library in the Chrome browser; it works for Internet Explorer
- The time format for Evidence Library is 12-hr AM/PM format
- Notice that the time in the Windows taskbar clock is also displayed in 12-hr AM/PM format
- Open Control Panel and click Region
- Set both time formats to 24-hr time (HH:mm and HH:mm:ss respectively)
- Click Apply
- Notice that the time in the Windows taskbar clock is now displayed in 24-hr format
- In the browser, refresh the Evidence Library page
- Event times are now displayed in 24-hr format
This change in the Region settings may revert because of group policy settings on the network or Windows updates.