Intended For: Customer
Estimated Time to Complete: 5 minutesThis does not include time to troubleshoot to this point.
Applies to Software/Firmware Version(s): wgvplayer.exe any version
The WGVplayer.exe takes a long time to load.
There can be a few causes for this. Check the following items.
- Verify that an anti-virus program is not slowing the application
- Create an exception in the anti-virus program to allow the DVD drive and any .dll files
- Symantec has been known to slow down this player
- Verify that the video drivers on the computer are up-to-date
- If playing from a disc, slow DVD/CD drives can cause this
- Copy the contents of the disc to a folder on the Desktop and run the player from there
- Also try to use VLC player to play the video files
- WGVplayer.exe uses components of VLC, so this can help narrow down the issue