Intended For: Customer Admin/IT
Estimated Time to Complete: 5 minutesThis does not include time to troubleshoot to this point.
Applies to Software/Firmware Version(s): EL 3.x
There are playback issues on client workstations where the standard Elecard drivers installed with the Evidence Library 3 client are not working.
Install the client with the MS DTS-DVD codec enabled, or enable the codec after the client is installed.
This codec should only be used on Windows 7 workstations where the Elecard codec does not work. Also, the workstation should have one of the following 2nd generation Intel processors:
- Intel Core i7-2600
- Intel Core i7-2600S
- Intel Core i5-2500
- Intel Core i5-2500S
- Intel Core i5-2500T
- Intel Core i5-2400
- Intel Core i5-2400S
- Intel Core i5-2390T
To determine the workstation's processor, click Start and type System in the search field. Select System Information. The Processor is listed in the first section (System).
There are two ways to enable this codec:
- Installing the Client
- While installing the client, check the box to use the MS DTS-DVD codec
- Adding the MS DTS-DVD codec when the Client is already installed
- Browse to : C:\Program Files\WatchGuardVideo\Components
- Run this file as admin directx_Jun2010_redist
- Extract files to a folder on your in the components folder: Temp
- Run the following file: DXSETUP.exe
- Finish installer
- Open Notepad (or Notepad++) as administrator
- Select File > Open
- Browse to C:\Program Files\WatchGuardVideo\EvidenceLibrary
- Find WGEvidLibrary.exe.config
- Find the following part of code:
- Insert the following text between the
videoCodectags as highlighted above
- Save the file
- Start the Evidence Library Client and verify that playback now works