What is the maximum recording time and RATF history on a 4RE?
The 4RE with a 200GB hard drive can record up to 80 hours of video, but there are many factors that affect this estimate.
- The number of cameras connected and being used
- Video from each camera takes up space on the hard drive
- Configured quality and frame rates
- Higher frame rates and video quality (bitrate) take more space on the hard drive
- Whether HD quality is selected
- HD video takes more space than SD video
- If only SD quality is used for non-critical events
- If an event is categorized as non-critical, the HD video stream is subject to be overwritten just like any other non-event video
This also affects Record-After-The-Fact (RATF) history. The amount of time available to create RATF events depends on how events have been categorized, the number of cameras used, and the quality and frame rates configured for those cameras.