For best results, before using your WatchGuard® VISTA™ Body Camera for the first time:
- Fully charge the camera.
- Provision the camera using WatchGuard Evidence Library software.
- (VISTA XLT) Connect the camera sensor to the DVR.
Note: For information about VISTA XLT components, see VISTA XLT
To fully charge the camera
Dock the camera in a USB Base connected to an electrical outlet or a Transfer Station.
Tip: The camera can charge in a USB Base connected to the USB port on a computer, but it charges significantly faster when docked in a USB Base connected to an electrical outlet or in a VISTA Transfer Station.
Caution: To prevent possible damage to some computers, connect the USB Base to the computer through an approved USB hub.
(VISTA/VISTA WiFi) When the camera is fully charged, the display scrolls CHARGE COMPLETE, then shows the Device ID.
(VISTA XLT) When the camera is fully charged, the display shows 100% and a fully-filled Battery Charge icon for a few seconds, then alternates between the Officer Name and the Device ID.
The camera charges any time it is docked, if needed. VISTA and VISTA WiFi's batteries can fully charge in 3 to 5 hours. VISTA XLT's battery can fully charge in about 7 hours.
To provision the camera
- Dock the camera in a USB Base or Transfer Station connected to your Evidence Library software.
- Using Evidence Library software, create and/or assign a configuration and an officer to the docked camera.
As a configuration is applied to the camera, the display reads CONFIG.
(VISTA XLT) to connect the camera to the DVR
- Undock VISTA XLT.
The display reads Camera UNPLUGGED.
- Connect the DVR end of the cable to the DVR.
- Connect the other end to the camera sensor.
The display reads CONNECTING, then shows the number of events in storage.
|VISTA - Getting Started||Top of Page||Next - The Basics|