This tutorial will demonstrate how to change the IP address on a 4RE DVR.
Typically, all DVRs have the same Network Settings:
If needed, change the Network Settings to the secondary standard:
Notice the settings changed are the subnet and gateway. Ensure the settings on the wireless radio match these settings.
How to change the IP address on a 4RE DVR:
- Turn on the 4RE system
- Start the vehicle, or
- Press the On (|) button
- Press and release the Stop button when the screen reads 'Checking for maintenance mode' (3%)
- Enter the Admin PIN and press Login
- Select Network
- Press Edit for the setting to change
- Press each box to change the value
- Press Apply when finished
- Press Save on the Network Settings screen
- Press OK on the confirmation message, 'Ethernet Address successfully set.'
- Press Reset to restart the system
Note: All 4RE DVRs should have the same Network Settings; only wireless devices will have different settings.
Also, if the Network Settings cannot be updated, the 4RE's configuration settings are corrupt. Reset the 4RE system to default factory settings and reload the configuration manually via USB flash drive.
**Ensure all video evidence has been transferred from the 4RE before resetting!**