There is a need to adjust the brightness of the LED lights on the front of the VISTA WiFi base. This can be done by modifying a script and then running it on the 4RE. This must be done on a unit-by-unit basis.
- In Windows, unzip the attached wgv.zip onto an empty USB flash drive
- See the end of this article for the attached file
- In Windows File Explorer, navigate to the \wgv\scripts folder on the USB flash drive
- Open script.sh in any text editor (Notepad, Notepad++, etc.)
- Set the value of DESIRED_BRIGHTNESS= to your preference
- Brightness ranges from 0 (off) to 255 (full intensity)
- 10 is the default in the script (dim)
- Verify the value is correct and save script.sh
- Safely eject the USB flash drive from your computer
- If there is a USB flash drive already in the 4RE, safely remove it
- Plug the USB flash drive into the 4RE USB port
- If the 4RE is powered on, the script should run automatically
- If the 4RE is not powered on, turn it on
- Wait until the confirmation message displays on the 4RE screen
- "USB script successfully run. It is safe to remove the USB device."
- It should take less than a minute for the script to run
- After the 4RE displays this message, remove the USB flash drive
- Turn off the 4RE
- If the lights on the WiFi base do not turn off, your 4RE may be configured with a charging timer
- Simply give the system time to shut completely down, or,
- Disconnect the data/power cable from the base, wait a few seconds, and reconnect the cable
- Turn on the 4RE
Each time you turn on the 4RE system, the WiFi base will briefly set the LED lights to full brightness during the boot process. After that, the base will set the lights to their configured brightness.