Intended For: Customer Admin/IT
Estimated Time to Complete: 20 minutesThis does not include time to troubleshoot to this point.
Applies to Software/Firmware Version(s): 4RE v4.0.6 / EL v3.x
4RE will not upload wirelessly to EL 3.x after upgrading 4RE firmware to version 4.0.6.
Vehicles running firmware 18.104.22.1687 are unable to upload wirelessly with Evidence Library 3.
This applies to newly purchased 4RE DVRs as well as those sent to replace returned DVRs
Downgrade the firmware of the 4RE.
DOWNGRADING WILL ERASE ALL VIDEO ON THE DVR, PLEASE BE SURE TO UPLOAD ALL VIDEO VIA USB BEFORE DOWNGRADING.
After downgrading firmware, the car(s) should automatically reconnect to the network and start uploading wirelessly immediately.
Prepare Evidence Library
- Turn off automatic deployment
- Remove firmware package from staging folders; delete the 22.214.171.1247 in the following areas
- (client’s working directory): [Drive]:\WatchGuardVideo\Upload\Atlas
- (server's working directory): [Drive]:\WatchGuardVideo\Wireless.Staging\Software
- Stage the firmware package for 126.96.36.1991 in Evidence Library on the server and turn automatic deployment back on
Downgrade firmware on 4RE
- Deploy firmware 188.8.131.521 to a USB flash drive
- Downgrade 4RE firmware using the USB flash drive