- Intended For:
- Customer Admin/IT
- Prerequisite Skills:
- Working with xml files
- Estimated Time to Complete:
- 10 minutes
- Applies to Software/Firmware Version(s):
The 4.0.7 firmware supports updated features that can be implemented using the 4RE configuration xml file or the domaintoConfigv1.xsl file for Evidence Library.
This article will describe the new 4RE feature, the corresponding xml nodes (i.e.
<Language>0</Language>), the acceptable values, and where to place them in the configuration file.
The 4RE configuration xml file can be found in a deployed configuration. Manually deploy a configuration to a USB flash drive.
The domaintoConfigv1.xsl file is located in
“Program Files\WatchGuard Video\Hosted
and you will need to open Notepad as an administrator to modify it.
Always make a backup of the configuration file before modifying!
4RE now supports both English and Arabic. This feature can be modified in the xml file by changing/adding the following values within the <SystemInfo> </SystemInfo> tag.
- English = 0
- Arabic = 1
- Undefined (0) Undefined locale
- en_US (1) English speaking United States locale (default)
- en_GB (2) English speaking United Kingdom locale
- en_AU (3) English speaking Australia locale
- en_CA (4) English speaking Canada locale
- ar_EG (5) Arabic speaking Egypt locale
- ar_AE (6) Arabic speaking UAE locale
Below is an example of Egyptian Arabic:
How this example will look on the 4RE display: