- Intended For:
- Customer End User
- Estimated Time to Complete:
- 5 minutes
TeamViewer Quick Service allows WatchGuard Customer Support Specialists to temporarily connect to your workstation or server. With TeamViewerQS, your Customer Support Specialist can:
- Review log files generated by WatchGuard software or Windows
- Assist you with installing or configuring WatchGuard software
- Investigate issues with WatchGuard software
To get started, follow this process:
- Download the Remote Access App (TeamViewerQS)
- TeamViewerQS.zip is a compressed folder to ease downloading of the file.
- Once downloaded, double-click the TeamViewerQS.zip file
- It should open in a new Windows File Explorer window
- Double-click the TeamViewerQS.exe file (there is no need to extract it)
TeamViewerQS does not permanently install on your workstation or server; it is a standalone application.
- Windows User Account Control will ask for confirmation to run the application; click Yes
- TeamViewerQS should start up and look like this
Give the ID (Your ID) and four-digit Password to your Customer Support Specialist, who will then be able to connect to your computer and address your issue.
TeamViewer Already Running
If TeamViewerQS displays an message similar to this, you may already have a version of TeamViewer running on your workstation or server.
Check the Windows System Tray for the TeamViewer icon and click it to see its status
It may already provide an ID and Password for you.
If you are unable to run an executable (.exe) file from within a .zip file, try to extract the .zip file. This may be due to a policy in place in your organization.
- In the File Explorer window showing TeamViewerQS.exe, click the Extract all button
- In the Extract Compressed (Zipped) Folders window:
- Accept the text in the 'Files will be extracted to this folder:' field, or Browse to a folder where you want it extracted
- Leave checked the 'Show extracted files when complete' option to make it easier to find the file once the process is complete
- Click 'Extract'
- A File Explorer window will appear with the TeamViewerQS.exe file displayed
- Double-click TeamViewerQS.exe
If are unable to download a .zip (or any) file from the internet, or open a .zip file, or run an unapproved executable (.exe) file, you may need to discuss this with your IT support personnel.