Release Notes for WatchGuard Evidence Library Express Software 3.6.0.XXXX
July 2018 - Document Revision A
Copyright (c) Watchguard, Inc.
All rights reserved
For up-to-date information on WatchGuard Software, contact WatchGuard
Phone: 1-866-384-8567 (toll free)
TABLE OF CONTENTS
1: Feature Additions
2: Bug Fixes
3: Supported Platforms
4: Supported Upgrade Paths
5: WG Software Compatibility
1: Feature Additions
- VISTA USB Filter Driver addition
- .net 4.7.2 support
- VISTA WiFI support / configuration
- Synchronized video playback
- Auto linking of grouped VISTA and 4RE events
- Option to blank 4RE display screen on vehicle movement
- Configurable option to set time before 4RE events are re-written to USB
2: Bug Fixes (Cust. Service entered + key fixes)
- ELX-2221: Unable to add new officer with SmartConnect credentials on Windows 10.
- ELX-2139: Duplicate storage location names are allowed
- Fix for playback of video not started on an I frame (ELX-2059)
- Fix for MPH display instead of KPH (ELX-2134)
- Support for Windows 10
3: Known Issues / Limitations
- For ELX 3.5.2 and later releases, when launching ELX the first time after an upgrade, ELX performs many
database migrations and seeding operataions. This operation can take many hours, but depends completely
on the number of events in the repository and the PC specifications. Additional performance issues may
occur on installation with more than 10,000 events. Consider upgrading customers to EL when these
repositories get over 10,000 events.
- ELX will only import events from devices that have "ELX" as the Config Source in the wgv_contents file.
- The new Export Player that supports sync playback requires an event XML file. Exports that span multiple
disks only have the event XML file on the first disk and therefore spanned or partitioned disks cannot be
played using the new Export Player.
- Standard exported player is still available in ELX export packages. A new export player that supports
synchronized video playback is being released as a separate product, available from the WatchGuard Video
Customer Service download site.
- Export Player Browse function can find .wgplayer files inside of zip packages. Selecting will appear
open but player/playlist will be empty.
EVENTS / CASE / PLAYBACK
- In an event with at least one gap and a very short video segment, the entire video may not display in ELX
playback. A RATF event with similar characteristics also may not display in ELX playback. The video will
play properly when the event is exported in MP4 format and played back in a WatchGuard Video Player. Also,
certain camera settings can help prevent gaps from occurring while recording.
See JIRAs ELX-2212 and ELX-2213 for more details.
- When playback resumes after a gap in a segmented event, the information in the subtitle overlay may display
without proper synchronization to the video. The subtitle overlay will display properly when the event is
exported in MP4 format and played back in a WatchGuard Video Player. Also, certain camera settings can help
prevent gaps from occurring while recording. See JIRA ELX-2211 for more details.
- Metadata graph can occasionally show minor inconsistencies with playback/subtitles
- Events created on 4RE firmare <= 3.6 and VISTA firmware <= 1.1 are not available for syncronized playback.
- Events that are recorded at different frame rates are not as tightly synced during sync playback.
- Plugging in or removing a USB device during synchronized playback will cause the video to restart from the
- In 4RE Configuration -> Recording Properties, the Group Member Stop checkbox setting is not used by the 4RE.
This means that 4RE will not stop recording when another member of its group (VISTA) stops its recording.
- AllowPrimaryMicMute configuration item is defaulted to false. On the VISTA, this configuration is true by
default. The setting will retain its value (either checked or unchecked) over an upgrade from ELX3.5.0 to
3.5.2, so the impact on customers is only for new installs.
- ELX 3.6 enables the VISTA USB Filter Driver feature so VISTA cameras cannot be accessed via File Explorer
when docked to your PC. When Virtual Machines are used, retargeting of the VISTA device by the PC, bypasses
this driver. Do not run the ELX 3.6 for USB access to VISTAs on a PC with virtual machines.
- If your VISTA is stuck in the serial handshake loop (happens periodically) and then you close ELX, the window
will close, but the process is still running in the background. You can not kill this background process
through Task Manager. You must undock the VISTA in order to allow ELX to close.
4: Supported OS/SQL Platforms
- ELX 3.6
- Windows 7
- Windows 8.1
- Windows 10
5: Supported Direct Upgrade Paths
6: Supported .NET versions
- .NET 4.7.2
7: WG Software Compatibility
- ELX Viewer
- ELX 3.6.0 is NOT compatible with ELX to EL Bridge
- Watch Commander
- DVR Firmware
- ELX 3.6.0 is compatible with 3.2 and higher
- VISTA Firmware
- ELX 3.6.0 is compatible with 3.0.2 and higher
- Transfer Station Firmware